Saturday, September 23, 2006

Okay. I'm finally beginning to come to terms with the fact that I've left New York, one of the great loves of my life. I've been in Rhode Island for the past month, learning about marine life and organic farming, and of course, surfing everyday. Remember when I wrote about the list of things I wanted to do before whatever? One of them was to live in a house by the beach. I actually am living in a mansion 1/2 a block from the beach -- when I wake up in the morning, I prop myself up on my elbows, squint past the rising sun's rays and check out the surf. Highly recommended, this living by the ocean thing. Anyway, after reading Eric's posts about fatty tuna in Japan and slipping in my own drool, I figured I'd put up these pictures of the dogs I chowed at Hot Doug's in Chicago. It's on the corner of Roscoe and California. When you show up, there'll be a line out the door and down the street. Wait patiently and when you get to the register, order the specials, like the lamb sausage with crumbled feta and kalamata olives. I also ordered "the Elvis" -- a polish sausage with the works, pictured here.


You can skip the fries rendered in duck fat, but you must not live without the cheese fries.

1 Comments:

Blogger Magicomora said...

puaj...

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home