Sunday, July 23, 2006

This is my L.A.






Buses, subways, artsy chainlink fences.

I almost never have a car when I go back to California, so the last time I came through town, after checking out real Picassos at the Hammer museum, I hopped on the bus across the street to meet Betty at her downtown office. Actually, that's a lie. There were so many people in line, I decided to walk to the next stop, having no idea that in L.A. they're about a mile apart from each other.(Here at home in Manhattan, they're every other block.) The upside is, you can get all the way from the west side to the east side during Friday rush hour in 45 minutes for $1.25, and pack some good reading in, too. Plus, did you know the buses have special sensors that keep the lights green when approaching major intersections? Anyhow, I don't live in L.A., but if you do:



(bottom photo courtesy of www.davidchoe.com)

2 Comments:

Blogger Moi said...

hi claudine--i love this post, the photo and text, makes me miss LA. I think i have met you though Erik Kim, is that possible? Erica

6:47 PM  
Blogger Claudine Ko said...

Thank you for you kind words. Erik Kim? Hm, I don't think I know one...

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home