Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The beauty of it all is that I could be in BFE and still be able to blog about the New York premiere of SORCERESS OF THE NEW PIANO: THE ARTISTRY OF MARGARET LENG TAN, 6 p.m. at Pioneer Two Boots Theater (East 3rd Street off Avenue A) on Saturday and Sunday, September 23 and 24. MLT will be there for a speciall pre-screening toy piano recital and post-movie Q&A.

I interviewed Margaret for GR a while back in her Brooklyn brownstone with all her dogs and Schroeder-sized instruments. I love that she is a classically trained pianist, and in fact, the first woman to earn a doctorate in music from Juilliard, yet subverts that whole thing by tinking away on these baby-baby grands. She even gave me a miniature piano she made out of a recycled MetroCard (NYC subway ticket) which I will post a picture of once I figure out where I put it.

Tickets: $9 at the door
Limited capacity/Advance ticket purchase recommended: http://www.twoboots.com/pioneer/sorceress.htm Tel:(800) 595 4849

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home